After enjoying a few beautiful spring-like days this week, I’m more than ready to pack away my sweaters. While winter is not quite over, we can dream of green grass, flower buds and 80 degree weather. Listed below are some of Spring’s hottest trends popping up on the runway that will easily translate to every day wear. A great way to minimize the blow on your budget is to pick up an item or two (or three or four) in these last months of winter, so you will be ready when spring and summer are here for good.
- Cooler tones. 2015 colors are trending towards cooler, more understated tones. Think art class watercolors. I love Pantone’s color palette and suggestions of what colors compliment each other. Check it out.
- Gingham. Picnic anyone? Gingham is about to go gangbusters. I love, love, love gingham. It’s sweet and sassy and always makes me channel spring, no matter the weather. Perfect under sweaters while it’s still cold and then shed the layers when the weather turns warmer.
- White. It’s a white party every day this Spring. If you haven’t already, invest in a good pair of – you guessed it – white jeans. You’ll get your moneys worth. White on white, black on white, and blue on white.
- Patterns. Florals, geometric, stripes, animal prints – you name it. The right pattern for you can help enhance your best assets. Embrace the pattern.
- Denim. Bell-bottoms are making a come back. Don’t throw your skinnies out the window, but be on the look out for a good pair of flare jeans. Pair with wedges and you’ll be feeling 70s chic. Nordstrom has a cute pair found here. Buy now and wear immediately.
- Crop Pants. Showing a little ankle is back in style. Go for the shorter hemline on your pants and add a strappy heel.
- Apron Inspiration. Don’t be surprised when you see apron-silhouette-inspired skirts and dresses showing up in the stores. This is a craze that may not pick up in mainstream popularity, but I think they are charming and pretty. There will probably be one in my closet come June.
- Straps & Sandals. The hottest shoes of the moment include gladiator and lace up sandals, slides, sneakers & loafers. I tried on numerous gladiator sandals last summer and couldn’t find the perfect pair for me. It seems like I’ll have another chance to grab some and I’m not giving up till I find them.
- Boho, Fringe, Peplum & Ruffles. Spring is the perfect time to break out those flowy tops. Look for details such as fringe and ruffles. I threw peplum in there because it’s a flattering fit for many body types.
- Show Some Shoulder. Look for the off the shoulder asymmetrical dresses and shirts. Super sexy. Plus yellow is going to be an IT color this season – there is shade for everyone.
Many of my favorite stores have already started to receive their Spring shipments (and are soon going to market for Summer if you can believe it). I’ll be out doing some window shopping soon and share my finds. Stay tuned.